Virgin Mobile to stream headline acts from Splendour in the Grass - Kimbra, Miike Snow, Ladyhawke, Cast of Cheers, Band of Skulls, Bleeding Knees Club, Last Dinosaurs and more...
Sydney, 20 July 2012 – Splendour in the Grass sold out quicker this year than you could say “Splendour Bender Weekend Extender”, and knowing that there are more disappointed people that missed out on tickets than ever before, Virgin Mobile today announces that it will once again be delivering a live stream of the festival. Continuing its commitment to dish out even more content for music loving Aussies, Virgin Mobile has announced a stellar line up expanding the live stream to a whopping 8 hours of exclusive content direct from field phone.
Following on from last year’s success where over 46,650 music fans tuned in to be part of the action, Virgin Mobile will be streaming performances from the likes of Kimbra and Miike Snow directly from the Mixup and Supertop stages at Splendour in the Grass 2012, on Saturday 28th from 3pm.
The exclusive Virgin Mobile Live Stream 2012 will bring non-festival goers uninterrupted live access to the festival’s gigs with a mix of live and pre-recorded performances and backstage artist interviews, bringing ‘music to the masses’ via its YouTube channel (YouTube.com/VirginMobileAus) and the official Splendour in the Grass app.
Those on the move won’t miss a beat this year. Thanks to Virgin Mobile, music lovers can experience the live stream on mobile devices via the free Splendour in the Grass app – available for Android and iPhone. Furthermore, the Virgin Mobile Facebook page and website will be regularly updated with all the latest Splendour in the Grass news.
Virgin Mobile’s Marketing Director, David Scribner, said, “We’re really excited to once again be offering this exclusive access to fans and music lovers who can’t make it to the festival. We have been pioneers in live-streaming ever since we first live-streamed the Temper Trap in 2010 and are proud to once again be offering viewers a real feel for this year’s festival with an excellent collection of music and behind-the-scenes interviews streamed directly from the festival to wherever you are.”
In its third year of sponsorship, Virgin Mobile will for the first time extend its activations beyond the festival grounds, offering festival goers the chance to pull over and revive in style and comfort at Virgin Mobile’s Star Treatment Stop. The Star Treatment Stop (stylish pit-stops), located at 171 Pacific Highway Broadwater, en-route from Sydney to Bryon Bay, will offer drivers and their mates free coffees, massages, comfy beanbags and chilled DJs tunes for a refresh with a difference.
Dedicated to enhancing the overall experience for those at the festival, Virgin Mobile will offer a host of customer benefits to Virgin Mobile customers attending Splendour in the Grass 2012. Customers will be asked to register before the festival for them and a plus one via a Facebook app and when they get on site they can pick up their Near Field Communications (NFC) wristband. Virgin Mobile festival benefits include:
• Access to the Posh Pit fancy bathroom (clean and fresh – oh the joy!) plus 5 minute makeovers to keep punters looking and feeling like a star throughout the festival
• Fast Lane express bar queue - Virgin Mobile thinks it’s only fair that customers spend more time watching bands, and less time queueing at the bar
· Power Point Recharge Station – Running out of juice on your mobile? Can’t send that last photo of you in the mosh pit to make all your friends jealous? Virgin Mobile have you covered with the recharge station
· Bandstand daily prizes – These babies are your key to fun times at Splendour from food vouchers to phones there’s a whole lot of love to give. Customer simply tap their wristband throughout the festival to see what they have won
· The chance to win tickets to the exclusive Channel V party: 50 Virgin Mobile customers and their friends will win access to the VIP section at the Channel V Party at the Beach Hotel in Byron Bay on Saturday the 28th July where they will be treated to a recovery breakfast, drinks and great tunes from the likes of Alice Wonderland and other Splendour artists. Another 100 Virgin Mobile customers will win access to the party and two drinks tokens.
Virgin Mobile customers can now pre-register for all the benefits at:
For more information on the Virgin Mobile live stream and festival benefits for Virgin Mobile customers visit: http://www.virginmobile.com.au/splendour-in-the-grass
Virgin Mobile & Music
As a Virgin company, music is a part of our heritage and our brand DNA. Since we launched 11 years ago, Virgin Mobile Australia has been a key player in the music scene undertaking initiatives to enrich the music experience for our customers.
We’ve been a major sponsor of Splendour in the Grass festival since 2010, offering customers a host of benefits to enhance their festival experience. We also brought music to the masses as the first brand to live web-stream from an Australian music festival, broadcasting Temper Trap’s set from Splendour in the Grass 2010. We then gave you Australia’s longest-ever festival live web-stream from St Jerome’s Laneway Festival in 2011.
In 2012 we are also excited to be sponsoring music legend George Michael’s national tour later this year. Stay tuned for more music news from us at www.facebook.com/VirginMobileAus or www.twitter.com/virginmobileaus
Splendour in the Grass
Virgin Mobile - Splendour in the Grass
One Green Bean